Friday, June 8, 2007

Happy Friday

Last night we went and picked some lilacs. Paul remembered picking
lilacs from this same bush as a child. I love the look and smell of
lilacs and try to get a small bunch for my dining room each year.



Sorry for the bad quality of the pic but it was taken thru
a window at night. If you look really close to the bottom left side of
this picture you can see a very brave hummingbird sitting there. He
spends a great part of his day fending off other hummers from the
feeder. Mama Pusses didn't even know the little guy was there. Gotta
love nature.



Some of you know our oldest daughter Jocelyn lives in Calgary and our youngest Lyndasy
is there with her sister for the summer earning some $$ for school this
year. Well, Jocelyn sent me some pics of the flooding they had in the
city.OMG there was so much water. Here is a link to some pics Allison
has posted.
A
lot of rain


I did get a chance to make a card based on
a sketch from Maria's
Sketch

I am sending it to my Aunt Margie who has a birthday
next week. She is one of my favorites and was always like a sister to
my mom.





I used pp from the BG Gypsy pad, stamps from Hero Arts, SU Looks Like Spring and I think the butterfly collage stamp was from SU also. I have had that image stamped off for a couple of years. I also used the SU tab punch and ribbon from LSS.

Well, I am struggling to get the pics to post today so I will have to try again!!!!!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I love what you did with this card, beautiful job, love the stamp also.

Oh I can smell those sweet flowers. I had a tree in CA. and miss it.

Libby Hickson said...

Thanks for posting those gorgeous lilacs!! I miss lilacs so much - loved them growing up in Michigan, but they don't grow in Texas. Here I just have to rely on my lilac scented Yankee candle to get my fix. :-)

Lisa said...

Lilacs are my favorite!! I've got a very small bush started on my front lawn, can't wait for the year it finally flowers!! Love that card too by the way! I hope Mama Pusses never finds the little hummer!!

Debbie G said...

I got a small bush too Pat that I planted about 4 years ago. It is just starting to get big and I do love lilacs too. Great picture and love your card. Neat picture of Mama Pusses and the hummingbird!!

Maria said...

Hi Pat,

You did a wonderful job with the sketch!!! I love the flowers and all the different patterns! Great job!

If you don't mind, I'll post your card to my Stampin Inspirations blog site as my guest stamper and I'll link your blog site with the post!

Have a wonderful day.